- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. 🙂
- Sit in silence for at least ten minutes each day.
- Sleep for at least seven hours.
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm & Empathy.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did the previous 12 months.
- Make time to practice meditation, yoga and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants & eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day. 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of their mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Don’t have negative thoughts on thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Realise that life is like a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like an algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Smile and laugh more. 🙂
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Don’t take yourself seriously. No one else does.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the pesent.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don’t compare your partner with others.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful or joyful.
- The best is yet to come.
- Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.
- No matter how you feel. Get up, dress up and show up.
- Do the right thing!
- Call your family often.
- Your inner most is always happy. So be happy.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
Hopefully you’ve read through the list and I wonder how many of these you are currently adopting in your own lives. Maybe take on board one of two more at a time and see how things change for you.
Personally, I have had this list for a good few years and I am still trying to get a number of them on board as they require a major direction change for my life and I am never sure if I want that sort of massive upheaval and am happy to continue in the same way, with some slight adjustments, for the rest of my life.
Finally there is a No 38 – Share this with someone you care about.
To your success